Monday, February 2, 2015

Holiday Tree

Before the holidays I was trying to figure out what to do with the Christmas cards that I was receiving in the mail. I have displayed them all sorts of ways over the years -- on a shelf, on a ribbon, on a card wreath, in a basket. I think I was browsing through Pinterest when all sorts of ideas suddenly came together. With a $9.00 vase, some hemp string, lights and beads that I already had, and tree branches from our woods....this is what I came up with.

Then, feeling creative after the holidays were over I already started thinking about how I could keep this little tree around a little longer. It actually provided some nice ambient lighting to warm up a dark space in our house. 

I gathered up some paint chips in various shapes and shades of red and pink and dug out a heart-shaped hole punch from my scrapbooking days. I just made random punches and hung the cards up with the same hemp string left over from Christmas.


Another Pinterest success!! The possibilities are endless. I could do paint chips again in greens for St. Patrick's Day. or pastels for Easter, but I'm going to try to switch it up and I don't want to be too greedy at the paint store. I've seen so many paint chip crafts that I wonder if they see a spike in paint chip samples disappearing? I don't think it will make headlines....but....

No comments:

Post a Comment