Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Rosie's Room

Rosie's room is the first room in the house to be totally finished in regards to built-ins and trim work! We thought we'd better get to it soon because before we know it she'll be in college. I joke that I'm already planning on making the room my office, but she still has 9 years to go before college so I have to wait awhile!

I happened to snap these photos on a day where Rose was making a fort with her loft bed. She has since decided she is too big for the slide and that is gone now. (Supporting my thought that before we know it she will be in college!) She also wants new bedding....something a little more grown up and less flowery. I'm wondering when she'll want to update the wall colors that she picked out when she was only 6.....

I love this wall of built-ins. We plan to make a cushion for the window seat ourselves as soon as we decide on fabric. It could be anything from Minecraft to well...probably Minecraft...
 She has a nice little desk in the corner.



 Minecraft headquarters!

The wall of doors!  Even though there is great closet space that I'm sure she will outgrow it!

It's all in the details. We love Craftsman houses and this is our special touch.

We are lucky enough to have a playroom in our basement so we are able to keep Rosie's room basically clutter free.  I actually think it needs finishing touches to fill some of those blank spots, but I like it to happen as we go rather than putting a bunch of stuff in there to sort of stage the room. I also see changes and updates as she gets older. I can't wait to paint over that glitter paint.....

No comments:

Post a Comment